Monday, February 4, 2008

Sleep

Okay this is insane...it is midnight and here I am tapping away on the keyboard in bed (love the laptop)! I just can't sleep tonight...I have nights like this about once a week. It is so different than I've always been, I've always been an early to bed early to rise type of person. I was always in bed by 9pm and usually up at around 4:30 - 5am (I know its insane)...I loved those hours.

Now I drag myself out of bed in the morning, I generally still go to bed at around 9 or 10pm...but I usually watch tv until 11pm and then try and get to sleep. I'm still trying to adjust to this new sleep schedule...I just wish my life would go back to the way it was and stay there.

I think caring for Ron when he was sick is what messed up my schedule, I was up with him at least 5 lots of times much more each night. Because he had lost his sight he couldn't tell if it was morning or night...so if he wanted something (even just to know the time) he had to wake me. I have to say that I would do it all again for him...I miss him every moment of the day. I loved the fact that I could take care of his every need, even the most personal and always felt it was such an honour to do this for him. We often joked about this sort of thing...I'm so glad he had a sense of humor even during the tough times.

Well I'm going to try and get a bit of sleep tonight...I'll have to see if there are any Law and Order reruns on!!

4 comments:

Wani said...

I hope you got some sleep! I read some bits of both of your blogs. My mother in law is in declining health and its probably only a matter of time before she needs constant care. Its so hard to see people with such debilitating illnesses at a fairly young age. But what a wonderful example of God's love to see their friends and family care for them in their times of need.

Jen Wilson said...

Oh dear! I hope you get some better sleep!!

Laura said...

Wow that is late for you, I hope you are able to sleep in longer in the mornings especially the days you don't have to be anywhere.

Jenny said...

I sure hope one of us gets some sleep! Or I'll be messaging you in the middle of the night seeing how my partner in crime is managing!