Thursday, February 5, 2009


Oh my word did I have a crazy, wild and wonderful weekend!!!

I'm still recovering from this...

I went to a conference called Breakforth it was very powerful and convicting. There were so many people and amazing concerts, speakers and worship leaders. I got to listen to Erwin McManus, Wayne Cordeiro, John Eldridge. The worship leaders were Brenton Brown, Matt Maher, Paul Baloche and Brian Doerksen. I also got to see MercyMe and Michael W. Smith in concert. Quite a line up...and this isn't even the breakaway sessions!!

I left with my wonder friend Tamara on Friday, we got on our I'm not much of a flier so this is never my favourite part. We were delayed about an hour...because of that we missed our connecting flight. We were so praying that we would make a close flight...because MercyMe was playing that night and I soooo wanted to see them. We went to the flight that would be leaving only an hour later than our original flight....but we were told that it didn't look good. So we were formulating plans (okay so they may have including shopping in Vancouver). Praise the Lord we were called and we got on our flight!! We landed in Edmonton after a very rocky ride...not my favourite thing!

While we were waiting in vain effort for our luggage Tamara see a fellow holding a breakforth sight...we though maybe they were providing some sort of shuttle. So in our faint hope she went and spoke with him...sorry he was picking up some of Paul Baloche's people. So while we watch everyone else's luggage go drifting by we come to the obvious conclusion that ours didn't make it. But in that time the van driver came up to us and said that Paul Baloche's peeps are going in the limo with him so if we needed a ride he could take us...woohoo!!! So after reporting our delayed luggage (that should be delivered to our hotel tonight) we were on our way! I'm not even going to get into the mess they made of our luggage...lets just say I'm glad that I knew the hotel that the person whoes luggage I got was she got mine!!

Wow the crowd amazed this small town girl, going in for registration went very smoothly. I decided to head to our hotel and meet up with our friend who we hadn't seen in a while. Tamara said she would save our seats in the main session. I got to our hotel with only a little bit of phoning and getting lost...but Jen and I were on our way to Tam. Okay now for future reference when you are heading into a worship session asking asking your friend to raise their hands is not a great idea!! I had no idea there would be so many was awesome!!

The next little while was walking, walking, walking and more walking...while getting to listen to some amazing speakers in between. We had some great bonding time with each other, Tamara has a way of convicting me in ways that I'm laking in my relationship with the Lord.

The last day of the conference I had walked to my session and seriously the shoes that I can wear all day at work and such JUST DON'T CUT IT AT BREAKFORTH!! My plan was to either buy some Crocs or cut my feet off....I decided that shopping for Crocs would be less messy (and painful). I did find Crocs but actually found shoes that I liked better and they were on sale (yeah my cheap Scottish blood). They were awesome!! I was able to continue the adventure! Michael W. Smith was the last concert and he put on such a worshipful was so amazing to feel the Spirit in such a strong and meaningful way!

The next day we met up with my nephew Kevin and his friend Michael...seriously two of the funniest people I know!! I just love them so much! We had so much fun at the West Edmonton Mall! After that I finally got to eat at Olive Garden (once again a first for this small town girl)!!

Before we flew our the next afternoon (Tuesday at this point) we decided to do a bit more shopping on our way to the airport...gotta squeeze it all in! We made it in time for our flight to Vancouver and we had a bit of time there before our flight home...we were going for a bit of a walk and passed by a board that said our flight was cancelled!! WHAT!! We were told that our airport had some mechanical problems and they plans couldn't land there....we were going to fly into another airport and but home (this is a 2 hour flight...then a 2 hour bus ride)!! What a finish good thing I was with someone who makes me laugh and who I can joke and cry with.

I have been home for two days now and I can still feel the effects of the weekend...physically and spiritually!! I would do it again in a heartbeat, but this time I'd get my nephew to take time off so I could bring Michaela with me...I really don't like leaving her at home!! If you want to see some pictures go to Jen's site...I didn't bring my camera because it is way to big to haul around!


Org Junkie said...

Sounds like such fun Annie! Wish I'd been there. Talk to you soon!

Mrs. Wilson said...