Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Patrick Swayze Interview

So tonight I'm watching the Patrick Swayze interview with Barbara Walters...it is so interesting. It really brings me back to two years ago...I really feel where he and his wife are, I know the conversations they must have with each other...I've been there. The questions that have been asked and trying to answer them...it is a tough place to be. I also appreciate that they enjoy laughter and have a sense of humor while fighting such a beast...it really does help.

I think one of the craziest questions to ask is how long to you have to live...there isn't a single person who can answer that. Once conversation Ron and I had was him being afraid, we ended it with know the fact that none of us know how long we have. Some where some one will die...they don't have cancer but they will die. It could be an accident or whatever...the point is we aren't promised tomorrow we are promised right now!! So just because a person has terminal cancer doesn't mean that they know the day they will die, they may live longer than statistics...or like Ron...shorter than them.

As for Patrick Swayze, I pray that he and his family will have strength and peace as they continue to fight such a horrible illness, I pray that he knows Christ as his Saviour and will draw closer to Him!!

I've also found out today that a woman who goes to my church and is in my small group has breast cancer...please remember her in your prayers. I'm not sure what type it is and how advanced, my prayer for her is that she will draw close to the Lord. I also pray for her husband and two sons one who is in his first year of Bible college and her younger son is still in high school.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh I'm sorry I missed it. Will definitely pray for your church friend.

Love ya!

Jen Wilson said...

I think it's on again, so I'm going to try and catch it. I was so sad to hear about the breast cancer - that really sucks. Your small group has been hit hard with cancer.