Friday, January 4, 2008

Home Sanctuary

Well it is time to make my home a sanctuary...it hasn't felt like that in a while.

I've been feeling very overwhelmed with life lately and have let things get away from me. Not that my home is a hovel or anything...but it certainly isn't up to the standards that it was before we went through Ron's illness. Now it is time to pull up my socks and get back at it. Rachel Ann at Home Sanctuary is doing something called small things, this is perfect for me.

If I had my way I would isolate myself from the world right now, I wouldn't leave the house (okay maybe for a little Wal-Mart therapy), I would just stay here where life is easier. During the holidays I was able to stay home more, no school, skating, swimming, piano...or any of those things for Michaela. I have realized that as these things start up again next week that I will be challenging myself to get out to them...I need to. I like my comfort zone, I'm not one to willingly step "outside the box"...I like my box.

Well I have to get myself together now, I have to get groceries and I have a meeting for a church group this afternoon...not bad for today!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Leave your home and come visit me SOON!

Oh and let me know if there is anything I can help you with!

Jenny said...

Hey Annie, I'm always game for a visit to Timmies! Let me know if you want to go sometime!
See you on Friday!