Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sad Day

Well today was my pastor's last day, his last sermon...I will truly miss him.

Ron and I were so blessed when we started going to our church. We felt so welcome and really at home there...that is how a church should be. After all that we've gone through this year I know the Lord led us there. He gave us the gift of a wonderful church family and amazing support system...I can't imagine not having these people in my life.

I love my church and while I'll miss our pastor I know the love that I have for the family there will remain. I pray for the search committee and the responsibility that is set before them...this is the time that a church is vulnerable.

Anyway this post was actually going to be about something that my pastor said to me after I gave him a hug. He said I was a great example for him...I was pretty blown away with that. I would never think of myself as an example to anyone...let alone a senior pastor. Really though that compliment isn't directed at me...God did some amazing things with me in the last year. He lifted me daily when I wouldn't have been able to stand on my own. He surrounded me with people who could help me get through each day. He gave me people who lifted me and my family up in prayer daily. He gave me a beautiful little girl who is most definitely her father's daughter. Most of all He gave me a husband who loved the Lord and the knowledge that I will see him again...the greatest gift.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Annie this was beautiful.

Laura

Jennifer Ford Berry said...

Annie,

I just came across your blog. I have been looking at all sorts of blogs since I JUST started mine and need to learn! :) Your blog has really touched me, congratulations on pushing though with each day of your life eventhough I am sure it is hard. Has writing been therapuetic for you? I hope God blesses you with your blog. You are courageous!!