Thursday, September 27, 2007

A New Beginning

My life has changed drastically in the last year...actually in the last 10 months.

I had the honour of caring for my husband as he courageously battled brain cancer...sadly he lost his battle on July 28, 2007. I am now a single mother to a beautiful little 4 year old girl who is the light of my life.

I never expected to be at this place in my life, I'm pretty sure nobody does. I knew I wouldn't be single again, I married the love of my life...we'd be together forever. Someone said to me "We plan and God laughs", I know that while I don't understand why we went through this it is in God's plan. While that doesn't mean that my heart isn't broken and that I'm not very angry at God some days...it means that the next day I will be okay.

So now I start figuring out what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it...every day is a new beginning. I know that I have an amazing support system with friends and family and an amazing church family.

4 comments:

odat_kim said...

I'm glad you're keeping up with the blogging Annie.
Kim

Laura said...

Well would you look at what I found, yeah!!! So glad you are going to keep blogging. You are such an amazing and courageous person. You are also a shining example of God's light and I am honored to call you my friend and learn from you.

Love you!!!!

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

May God lead you today...
And you fell Him close, His breath on your face, whispering His love...

You are loved.

Joyfulsister said...

I'm sorry to hear about your husband, and I love the thought of your daughter and you talking about him. you both have your own angel looking upon you, and the Lord by your side always. Joyful