Friday, January 1, 2010

Lord, I Lift my Friend to You.

I'm praying for a friend right now and this song came to me (the lyrics are below), it is so powerful and really says everything that I want to say to God. I'm sure we all have friends who stuggle from time to time...as we all do.



A good friend of mine and I have decided that this will be a year of committed prayer. We all say we are going to pray for people and how committed are we...I know for myself I get busy (or forget) and don't make it the priority that it should be.



Lord I Lift my Friend

by Casting Crowns



Lord, I lift my friend to You,

I've done all that I know to do

I lift my friend to You


Complicated circumstances have clouded his view

Lord, I lift my friend up to You


I fear that I won't have the words that he needs to hear

I pray for Your wisdom, oh God,

and a heart that's sincere


Lord, I lift my friend up to You

Lord, I lift my friend to You


My best friend in the world,

I know he means much more to You

I want so much to help him,

but this is something he has to do


And Lord, I lift my friend up to You

'cause there's a way that seems so right to him

But You know where that leads

He's becoming a puppet of the world,

too blind to see the strings



Lord, I lift my friend up to You

My friend up to You

Lord, I lift my friend to You,

I've done all that I know to do

I lift my friend to You

4 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you Annie, those are the words I needed for my friend.

JAMES PEPITO said...

want to work in Japan

yusra wei said...

Great to see that someone still understand how to create an awesome blog.
The blog is genuinely impressive in all aspects.
Great, love it.
agen poker online indonesia

yusra wei said...

Great to see that someone still understand how to create an awesome blog.
The blog is genuinely impressive in all aspects.
Great, love it.
poker online betting